Thursday, October 04, 2007

Closing blog

I returned from my placement in the first week of August, 2007.

The experience, as you can probably tell by the blog, has been just breath-taking: the amount I've learned and enjoyed is unexplainable in words.

Since I'm back in Canada, the blog will probably not be updated anymore(unless I come across things that are overtly related to the South Pacific).

Thank you to all regular readers and commentators. It would be great to know who you are... if you feel comfortable, please do leave your name and email address.

I (finally) got around to uploading pictures. There are way too many, so I take no blame for time not-well-wasted :P But if you are still interested, please click here.

Good luck to all with all their future endeavours. Hoping and wishing that happiness and satisfaction accompanies you through out this life and the afterlife*

* if you believe in one

4 Comments:

At 6:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Regular reader right here! :)

Your blog was quite the eye-opener, Fatima. I mean, I can't imagine anyway else you could learn so much about a culture, people, politics, religion, society - and on so MANY different levels - than to immerse yourself in it, even if its only for part of your life and even you were considered a foreigner/expat/volunteer/teacher on that island.

I'm sure you've taken away experiences that will last a lifetime.

Now I'm not sure if I'll ever go to Vanuatu in my life, nonetheless, I have to admit I do have a deeper appreciation for them: their issues, lifestyle, beliefs, future outlook, etc. And certainly, the valuable observations and insight you shared not only provided a glimpse into an otherwise unmentioned part of our world, but it served to humanize them to a greater extent as well. Also, I think this kind of valuable experience can be applied to any future endeavor, in any discourse. Like discourses on colonization, religion, globalization, power, gender, and on and on...

Maybe you'll write a book one day? It can be a novel, too :)

Good job Fatima.

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

And oh, because of your blog I got the spelling of "Vanuatu" right on my first attempt!

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger faa-T said...

Salam Humaid! :)

So, I just checked my blog after quite some time and pleasantly surprised to see that somebody did leave a comment afterall! :)

Jazakallah for your constant encouragement and sincere interest in the blog. As with everything else in life, a lot of times I questioned the presence of the blog (and still do), but it helps to know that somehow somebody might have benefited from it. The comments also helped to give that push, when disillusioned, to keep writing.

"Also, I think this kind of valuable experience can be applied to any future endeavor, in any discourse. Like discourses on colonization, religion, globalization, power, gender, and on and on..." <-- That's the hope, to inshallah use the knowledge or insight gained for a "bigger" purpose. Now what that purpose is remains to be seen :P

But Jazakallah for taking the time to read and comment; always nice hearing from you :)

All the best,

W'salam, Fatima

 
At 1:32 PM, Anonymous nuniek nur sahaya said...

yeah i think so. Maybe you'll write a book one day? It can be a novel, too :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home