Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Work trip to Moso Island - Thursday, jan 18th

I love how things work here. I walk into work 1.5 hours late (9 am) and find out that the four people I was supposed to teach today are going out to Moso, another island close to Efate, so I'm free to do my own thing. Another Australian volunteer at Shefa suggested that I also come with; so I did. And that is how I spent my entire work day on thursday! :P Moso has two villages, Sunai and *something else that I don't remember the name of*. Sunai has a total population of 50 people (that includes all the kids!) and the other as a population of 200-250. Turns out everybody lived together in Sunai back in the day (4 years ago I think) but there was a split, so a certain faction moved out to the another part of the island. I have my reservations when people want to split up or move out in response to a problem, but if the conflict is serious/non-manageable enough than really, what better way than some distance between the two parties to make matters less explosive.

- everybody gets a chance to talk
- sitting on higher level but sense of having responsibility to answer along with this privelege
- kids vandalizing primary school: stupid alcohol
- community tourim projects:
= who gets dividends?
= how do you make sure everybody is doing their job?
= do you provide recognition to the people going the extra mile? How?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home