Sunday, July 01, 2007

Super Glue

So, the shoes here die very quickly. Besides the fact that I walk lots and that it rains here a lot, I am also a miser by nature. So I usually go for the cheapest shoe or slipper and then get surprised when the life length for these $2 or $3 shows is shorter than 2 months! :P

But at one point I went against everything I believed in and bought a shoe worth $20… it lasted my 4 months! I was bent on getting more value out of my $20 so decided to try my luck fixing the sandles using super glue.

Now, I buy a super tiny bottle of super glue from the closest Chinese store and sit down outside my house, since I didn’t want to risk ruining any of landlord’s stuff. So, I’m sitting outside and try pouring some glue on the inside of my shoe. The bottle is turned completely upside-down but still nothing comes out. I think, oh no, maybe the shopkeeper cheated me or gave me something else. So, in a moment of brilliance, I decide that the best way to check if there’s something inside this bottle is to bring it SUPER close to my nose and eyes and then blow as strongly as I can. That’s just what I did.

It was a Friday evening when I was trying to fix my shoe. All of Saturday, Sunday and Monday I was trying to get frosted super glue off my face, specifically off my lips. It was painful but not as deathly-frightening as when I first realized I couldn’t open my eyes because some of the super glue powder went and settled on my eye lashes.

Moral of the story is: Kids, do not use super glue, no matter how cheap you might be. But more importantly, under no circumstances, try to check the contents of the bottle by blowing inside it! :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home