What I miss most
Dana’s leaving in two weeks or less. So there’s much talk about what she’s looking forward to and whether she thinks “it’s time” to return. During one of the nukerous coffee nights, she asked what I missed the most from Canada. Earlier, I thought I would’ve said family and all that other stuff, but here’s what I *really* miss:
the impatience during Friday’s Fed Bus ride back home and the anxiety to see familypraying Jummah (Friday prayer) and SLC’s third floor prayer roomknowing that I could always find somebody to have a conversation with in front of the second floor prayer roomgetting attacked by hugs by other Muslim (and non-Muslim) girls on campusrandom chats with the turnkey guy or girlstaying up till random morning hours in the library and studying (or trying to study)my brother’s jokesvisits to extended family on weekends and sitting next to my dadi-jan (grandma)my mom’s daily “new bulletin” calls where I received updates on everybody (sister, dad, extended family in Canada and US) and their wellbeinggoing out for coffee with friends at Tim HortonssleeplessnessDuring my entire departure time, I kept thinking / preparing to miss my family. But not once did I think I would miss the Muslim community as much as I do. To say that I can’t wait to pray prayers in congregation back in Waterloo or Mississauga would be far beyond under-estimation!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home