Bollywood Lied to Me!
So, whenever somebody asks me what the hell was going through my mind when I decided to take the boat from Tanna back to Efate, this is the explanation I offer:Well, in bollywood movies, the boat ride is always the portion where the movie's actor (or actress) goes through a major light-bulb moment and finally understands the meaning of life and the purpose of their being. Not far behind as a motivator is the fact that more often than not, it is also at this point when the protagonist meet's the man or woman of their dreams.
So, that said, it just made common sense for me to take the boat back from Tanna. After all, who doesn't want to figure out the meaning of life AND meet the guy of their dreams, all within 24 hours! :P
Well, even though I never ended up achieving either of the two above (did I mention there was no singing or dancing either?!), I can say that I still had quite an interesting experience where I threw up a lot and cursed myself for the horrible decision the rest of the time. However, I also had some magical man come up and give me magical pills that, as soon as I ate, put me out like that *snaps finger* for a good 3 or 4 hours. (Well, I found out after that this magical man was in fact the captain and those magical pills were in fact sea-sick pills). But needless to say, before knowing the above-two points, it wasn't the wisest decision.
I also witnessed the process of getting 800 watermellons onto the ship, without the ship ever docking onto a wharf. AFter all, if it did get any closer to the wharf, it would have to pay the docking fee. So, yes, imagine 800 water mellons being put on board through a single-file man-chain. Did I also mention that it was in these three hours that I got the most sea sick and therefore, vomitted the most?
Oh, lastly, there were about 50 - 100 people on the ship. And there were two washrooms between all of us, one for male and one for female. The only glitch? None of the washrooms worked.
So, the only way I didn't need to use them was because I was out cold for 90% of the 23-hour ship trip. I had also decided to not eat anything for the 8-10 hours before. But I am still curious about how all those people who were eating through the trip survived it without having to use the washrooms. One of those life mysteries will never find out the answer to,I guess :P


1 Comments:
Helloooo? Hellooooooo?! It's time for a new post! :(
Your blog is forcing me to use my Blogger account to comment, but my real blog is not at Blogger. Blogger is the only Google thing I dislike. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home