Wednesday, January 31, 2007

French Women Don't Get Fat

wednesday, jan 10th

Dana is tunring out to be a very feminine-cum-artsy influence on me. For the first time I'm truly wish I was not so in-ept in cooking, simply because I love how much passion she has for food and cooking (it's not something you just
"have to do" in order to survive for her; it's entertainment!) The other day she gave me one of her favorite-book-of-all-times as a Christmas gift, titled "French Women Don't Get Fat". After finding out I have an entire loaf of bread everyday (which, in my opinion, isn't soo bad since it's freshly baked *that* very evening!), she'd been trying to coax me into buying the book but I simply kept smiling and saying, "sure". I think she finally realized that I wasn't ever going to get around to it, and bought me a copy anyways. I was pretty determined to not read it, and recycle the gift onto my sister (she's definately more into this stuff than I am). But then, yesterday, had this rude awarness of the fact that the bread is *NOT* just disappearing into nowhere; I can now proudly boast of having a round tummy, and have lovingly christened it "mota pait" i.e. fat stomach :P. So, after realizing that I have this new addition, I finally got convinced to read the book and have to say, it's not half as bad as the title makes it seem. There's tonnes of arrogant haughty-taughty stuff about the french lifestyle but the suggestions aren't half-bad. So yes, that's how I spent the entire 5 hours between work and sleep: either reading the book that says how bad it is to snack on cream biscuits and so on, or while I wasn't reading that booking, hungrily cramming down any thing sugary and fatty I could find :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home